Clergy and Staff
St. Andrew’s is currently searching for its next rector.
Upcoming Worship Leaders:
June 24 and July 2 – Bob Williams+, West Plains
July 9 – Bishop Benfield – Confirmation and Reaffirmation
Learn More. >>
Through Jan. 2018
Through Jan. 2019
Jane Darr, senior warden
Mearl Plunkett, junior warden
Through Jan. 2020
Deanna Van Eps
In March of 1950, the Rt. Rev. R. Bland Mitchell gave canonical consent for the organization of a mission church in Mountain Home, Arkansas under the name of St. Andrew’s. The Rev. Robert B. Hall of St. James in Eureka Springs, Arkansas was appointed as priest-in-charge. In 1953 Bishop Mitchell appointed an Executive Committee for St. Andrew’s. Property at the corner of South Church Street & 11th Street was selected for construction of the church and parish hall. The following year, the Annual Convention of the diocese admitted St. Andrew’s into its union and the Rev. C. Kutait was appointed as priest-in-charge. In February of 1957, the Rev. Christoph Keller, Jr. was appointed to serve St. Andrew’s in addition to St. John’s in Harrison, Arkansas.
The church building, located at 1050 South Church Street in Mountain Home, was dedicated on September 21st, 1960 by Bishop Robert R. Brown. The growth of the congregation necessitated making plans for a larger church facility. In 2002, plans for a church, fellowship hall, offices and classrooms were adopted and 5 acres of land was obtained on Coley Drive in Mountain Home. On March 30th, 2003 the first service was held after Bishop Larry Maze consecrated the church.
A succession of priests have served St. Andrew’s including the Rev. C. Kutait, the Rt. Rev. Christoph Keller, Jr., the Rev. Harold H. Leake, the Rev. William L. Hobart, the Rev. James R. McLean, Jr., the Rev. Philip S. Harris, the Rev. Maurice Freemyer, the Rev. Roland S. Pierson, the Rev. Theodore P. Devlin, the Rev. Richard Clark, the Rev. Earl R. Davenport, the Rev. R.J. Smith, the Rev. George W. Bersch, the Rev. James R. Martin, the Rev. Carl E. Wilke, the Rev. Charles P. Wallis, the Rev. Dennis L. Serdahl, the Rev. Anne Stone Carriere, the Rev. Pamela S. Morgan and the Rev. James D. McDonald, our current Rector.
St. Andrew’s currently has over 38 graduates of Education for Ministry and over 130 active members. On March 10th, 2013, St. Andrew’s celebrated the ten-year anniversary of worshipping in its new church facilities.
With 180 baptized members, St. Andrew’s Church voted to petition the diocese for parish status at the celebration of the Feast of St. Andrew’s held on December 1st, 2012. On February 23rd, 2013, Bishop Larry R. Benfield approved the petition of St. Andrew’s church to become a parish in union with the Diocese of Arkansas.
St. Andrew’s members, as the body of Christ in the community, serve God and the Twin Lakes Area by supporting education, feeding the hungry, caring for the sick, disabled, elderly, and those who are disadvantaged.